Healthy Meal of the Week: Orange Chicken, Brown Rice and Broccoli
Leftover Idea: Orange Chicken Bowl
I was gone on to Panda several years prior and I began to once in a while taste the Asian cooking occasionally. I need to concede my number one feast to get is orange chicken with hamburger and broccoli alongside earthy colored rice. These two are among the better decisions accessible at Panda Express and for those of you that get Chinese food every once in a while, I'm certain these two choices are probably offered at your spots.
Funny thing is, to make orange chicken at home, it's not troublesome on the off chance that you can discover the fixings at your nearby grocery store. I followed work to my neighborhood Vons to search for the fixings to make an orange coated sauce I found on the Internet which utilizes maple syrup, orange zing, coconut aminos, and a couple of different things. Anyway since they didn't sell orange zing the specialist guided me to a walkway with Asian flavors. Shockingly I tracked down a couple of jugs of orange sauce made by various organizations, one even by Panda Express which I truly needed to attempt, however rather selected a without gluten choice. We'll perceive how it goes.
You'll discover when you consolidate orange chicken with earthy colored rice and broccoli, you will have a feast that is sound and one that is effectively convenient so you can take with you to lunch for the accompanying day.
Another intriguing thought I'm trying today is a pack of “Prepared Rice”. This specific brand I bought by Uncle Ben's is characteristic entire grain earthy colored rice that cooks in the microwave in 90 seconds. I realize my folks utilize this choice not exclusively to save time however since the rice cooks in its own compartment, tidy up is essentially discarding the pack when it's unfilled. No cleaning, no washing, no dishes to do. We'll perceive how this thinks about to standard earthy colored rice. The solitary drawback to this rice is that a pack which likens to two cups of rice costs $2.29 which is very steep when you contrast that with purchasing customary rice in the bag.
– dish/skillet for cooking chicken
– pot for broccoli
– microwave for prepared rice
– 2 pounds boneless chicken bosoms
– 1 sack frozen broccoli (or new in the event that you like)
– 1 jug Orange Sauce
– 1 pack Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice
seasonings salt, pepper, garlic powder, & 1 tbsp butter
For Leftover Orange Chicken Bowls:
– Plastic travel container
1. The first and most significant segment of this feast is the chicken. It additionally is the part that takes the longest to get ready so we should deal with that first. You can decide to cut the chicken into little lumps already which will save you cooking time, anyway it very well might be more hard to flip every individual piece each 3-4 minutes of cooking time. I chose for cook the boneless chicken bosom entire and cut into pieces a short time later. I made a length-long cut into the chicken to help it cook speedier, however that actually permitted me to flip the piece without any problem. Remember to add your flavors you need to incorporate. For this model prepared salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of oregano was used.
2) While chicken is almost completed you can heat up the water to use for the broccoli pieces. Whenever wanted add a tablespoon of margarine and a sprinkle of prepared salt for flavor. When water is bubbling add the broccoli and let bubble for 8-10 minutes.
3) Once the chicken is almost completed the process of cooking, eliminate from dish and cut into little scaled down lumps. When you have all the chicken cut and diced, place once again into the dish and add the orange sauce. Start with a limited quantity of sauce since it will be simpler to add all the more later if need be. Mix the sauce into the chicken lumps keeping heat on medium/low. When you have the ideal measure of sauce with the chicken pieces permit the blend to cook/stew for another 8-10 minutes mixing occasionally.
4) Last however not least, for the Ready Rice sack all that should be done is to tear open the side and pull the corner back 2 inches. You don't have to add any water. Essentially stand the pack erect in the focal point of your microwave and cook on high for 90 seconds. Astounding as it sounds, the rice came out tasting completely not very dry and not very wet.
5) Serve a proper segment of rice, broccoli, and orange chicken. On the off chance that there is sauce extra in the dish, you might need to two or three spoonfuls either on top of the chicken or the rice contingent upon your inclination and how well you like your food enhanced. Enjoy!
Leftover Meal Idea: Since you have every one of the fixings to make a magnificently tasting orange chicken bowl, we should feel free. What makes this dinner so extraordinary for lunch is that everything is basically thrown into a plastic travel holder so there is in a real sense not one single additional thing you need to do other than microwave it at work on the off chance that you need. So throw in a scoop of rice alongside some broccoli, add some orange coated chicken and surprisingly a spoonful of additional sauce on top, cover and store in your cooler until tomorrow.
Source by Gregory L Gomez